Having a healthy lifestyle is becoming not only a trend (a rather beneficial one), but a necessity as well.
Juice cleanse is a detoxifying process that is characterized by drinking fruit and vegetable juices during a certain amount of time (that can go from several days to several weeks). It is beneficial for the entire body, most particularly the immune and digestive system, as it gives it a rest and removes toxins, as well as for the skin and even the mood.
But one does not simply jump in the Juice Cleanse world without being prepared.
Here’s what you need to know if you want to do a cleanse and really enjoy its effects 😊
1. BE AWARE OF THESE MYTHS
- Juice cleansing is not intended for weight loss. However that could still occur since all processed foods, sugar and fats are removed and only the necessary vitamins, minerals and nutrients are being absorbed by the body.
- You will not be feeling weak, as the pre-cleanse period will prepare your body for that diet change.
- There is no need to worry about doing your regular activities. However, intense workout is to be avoided but exercising is beneficial as it increases blood flow and stimulates the organs.
2. LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN JUICES
- Make sure you have a good juicer (slow juicers are best as they extract more fiber and nutrients, but they are also more expensive).
- Buy diverse organic fruits & vegetables.
- Get creative with mixing them!
3. GET PREPARED (TIME FOR PRE-CLEANSE)
- Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday.
- Avoid all animal products, processed starches and sugar, foods that contain additives, preservatives, or any other chemicals. General rule: if you can’t pronounce it, leave it out.
- Avoid nicotine products, alcohol, caffeine and soda as well. Herbal tea is fine though!
- Take an alcohol break. Even that doctor- recommended glass of red wine.
- Try eating mostly raw.
4. DURING THE CLEANSE
- Ease up on exercise or daily workout routine. We encourage light exercise to stimulate your body.
- Listen to your body; if you feel hungry, eat things like almonds or wholesome raw fruits and vegetables. Not everyone can skip eating during a cleanse.
- Don’t hesitate to have a glass or two of herbal tea. No sugar or milk.
- Have a juice every 1 or 2 hours (it depends on the quantity)
- Get your body’s required amount of rest each day.
- And most importantly, drink 8 or more glasses of water each day.
5. KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR POST-CLEANSE
- For a few days, stick to a diet much like the one you followed pre-cleanse; fruits, veggies, nuts and grains.
- Slowly reintroduce things like meat, dairy and eggs. Fish and chicken will be easier on your system than red meat.
- To maintain your newfound level of health and energy, try drinking one of our cold-pressed every day. It’s the best way to ensure your body receives a good dose of natural ingredients.